Thursday, December 19, 2013

Running Interview with Crystal, my sister

Hi Fit Guys and Gals,

Today I wanted to talk about someone beside's myself for a change....lol

I wanted to feature my sister because even though she may not know it; she is an inspiration. She took up running even though she has said for years that she couldn't do it. She got involved in boot camps and started going to her local gym.

Here is my brief interview with her:

Name: Crystal Fahey-Reid
From: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 31
Have you always been a runner or did you discover running later in life?

I wasn't always a runner, actually, I wasn't very active at all until a little over a year ago. I began to get involved in local bootcamp classes, going to the gym and then started running.
What made you start running?
The reason I started running was because I wanted to be able to prove to myself that I could do it. I always thought I wouldn't be able to run but I was wrong. I love running now!!
What would you tell ‘The You’ of a year ago?
The me of a year ago was an inactive person who didn't make time for much physical activity in my life or had no interest in being physically active. I would remind myself that great feelings come with being active and that I can achieve anything I set my mind to.
Has running changed you on the inside in anyway?
Running has changed me by realizing that I can do anything I put my mind too. If I want to do it then I can make it happen. Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something!
Are you working toward a particular running goal right now?
My goal for running is to be able to run 10k. I am also hoping to run in the Tely 10 this summer which is a 16 km run.
What advice do you have for other women just getting started into Running?
My advice for anyone stating out is to start slowly and gradually increase the distance and time of their run. Also, believe in yourself and that you can do anything you put your mind too.

'Mud Immortal 2013'
Thanks Crystal for agreeing to do this. I'm proud of your fitness achievements to date. Keep going!!

Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment