Monday, July 29, 2013

Love Yourself

“Self-Love”- what does this mean?

Wikipedia explains self-love as simply “the love of oneself” and is proposed to be different from being arrogant or conceited. Loving oneself means caring about oneself, taking responsibility for oneself, respecting oneself, and knowing oneself (e.g. being realistic and honest about one's strengths and weaknesses). Further, in order to be able to truly love another person, a person needs first to love oneself in this way.”



I have come to believe self-love to be a very significant part of our being. I mean if you are happy with yourself and ‘love’ yourself you are more likely to attract positive, happy people into your life.

Every person, but women especially, have a hard time finding their ‘self-love’. However, I think that it is an important concept for us, as women, to love ourselves. We spend so much time giving to everyone else and often not enough time just being. Instead we give everything that we have to care for the people in our lives not realizing that if we don’t take care of us first we will have nothing left to give.

Most of us females also spend too much of our time comparing ourselves to everyone else instead of accepting and loving ourselves for who and what we are. We are all unique, beautiful individuals who need to focus less on that other women’s abs or that women’s butt and spend more time considering our own positive attributes.

“Don’t compare yourself to someone else. You can never be another person just a better version of yourself.”

Believe me, I know how hard it is and I too have a lot to learn on the road to self-love. I read a quote the other day that spoke to me in a profound sort of way. “The most powerful relationship you will ever have is the one with yourself”. It spoke to me for several reasons. One; because like every women I have days when I don’t particularly like what I see in the mirror and Two; because I have been feeling like this about myself more frequently as of late.

It got me to thinking “what good have all these negative vibes done for me?” Absolutely nothing other than cause my body unnecessary stress. I may not be where I want to be but I am also not going back to where I was and I’m proud of how far I’ve come.

So stop what you are doing and think of one positive thing that you like about yourself. Come on, you can do it!

Let’s work together to decrease the negativity and bring a more blissful mindset into our lives. Positivity is contagious; so be grateful, be empowered and find your own self-love!

“Getting fit is about confidence, passion, loving your body. It is all about you!”

Until Next Time,

No comments:

Post a Comment