Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Weekly Update

Hello All,

I figure it’s about time for another update on me and my life. Although; things haven’t been overly exciting, I guess there is always something to tell.

First and foremost, I have to start by pausing with a moment of silence and prayers for my family. We just recently lost a cousin of mine who had been suffering from Lou Gehrig’s disease; also known as ALS. It has been a very sad week for us all, especially because she was still very young; only 31 years old. RIP Lisa xoxo

Lisa will be missed dearly by all who knew her and remembered fondly for the kind, young lady that she was. Gone but not forgotten!

Times like these always make you take a step back and look at the big picture. Remember we only get one life to live so do what makes you happy; try not to sweat the little things and love with all your heart.



As for myself, I have good days and bad days; still struggling at times with low energy and being tired but I am pushing through. I have another doctor’s appointment coming up to discuss my blood work results and I am going to ask for a hormone test.

I have talked to several people recently who have experienced a hormone imbalance which could also be a cause of some of the symptoms I have been experiencing. We will see what happens. I hope to figure this out soon and work on a path to getting and feeling better.

My training in this last week or so has been outstanding. I noticed a significant difference after I took a more relaxed approach to training last weekend and spent more time outside with some bodyweight workouts and cardio. It helped because I felt a little more refreshed for my first training session back at the gym this week and have been beating some personal bests again ever since.

**Box Jumps (new record): 50 in 52.5sec
**Dumb Bell clean & press (new record): 60lbs both arms (see video post from yesterday) and 65lbs right arm only

We have recently been focusing my training more on exercises which incorporate a mixture of both endurance and strength; meaning that I have been doing a lot of exercises that get my heart rate up but also include some muscle building activities.



This type of training regimen is really designed to help prepare me for the upcoming FemSport competition that I will be participating in on June 22.  Exercises include timed bench jumps and inverted rows, Olympic lifts for time, heavy tire rolls, running stairs, chin-ups, sled pulls, clean & press, lots of jumping, bike and treadmill intervals, etc. I am enjoying it immensely so far; my body, on the other hand, feels like it is always sore. No, I’m not complaining; I love it!



My eating remains the same (all clean, whole foods) and I have been consciously trying to eat more throughout the day. There is a concern that I may not be fueling my body enough compared to the intense training that I am doing. I find though that it is tough to eat more when you are just not feeling hungry. Another work in progress!

I tried some new homemade protein bars and they were a nice treat. My husband loved them and I will admit I made them more for him then me. My hubby by the way is also doing fantastic with this lifestyle now as well and there are noticeable improvements in his strength, muscle definition and overall leanness. I am very proud of him.

My trainer, Andrew, competed in the NPAA show last weekend and got first place as well as another pro card to add to his list. Way to go Andrew; you are an inspiration!

Any who, that’s about all for this update

Until next time,



2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. My thoughts are with you and your family xo

    ReplyDelete