Monday, April 29, 2013

The Importance of a Positive Self-Image

Have you ever heard that self-doubt leads to unaccomplished goals, depression and poor self-confidence?

Truth!

We as individuals, especially women, tend to consume ourselves with self-doubt, poor body image and ultimately low self-esteem and little to no self-confidence. So why do we do this to ourselves?

Should we blame society?

I will be the first to admit that I have been here and I still have moments where I feel like this even now. More as of late; because I am trying to come to terms with being happy with where my body is and not dwell on where I want it to be or where it was.

I mean why can’t I be confident in the fact that I am stronger and smaller than ever, that I am a healthy, fit woman who can lift more than a lot of men?

And why can’t we, as society, stop from comparing ourselves to others. We don’t know their story, yet we wish we could look like them. Shouldn’t being a unique individual with our own strengths and weaknesses be enough?  

And who cares what the scale says! Are you eating clean, giving your training all you’ve got, pushing out of your comfort zone and being disciplined? Then why beat yourself up if the scale shows a pound or two heavier. Be proud of your accomplishments. Be proud to be healthy and fit or at least on the road to getting there.

Be confident in yourself and your own uniqueness. It is always the struggles that make the best stories. Overcome those setbacks and no matter what DON’T QUIT-- Be fierce and determined enough to push through all the doubt your mind creates. Turn those I CAN’T moments into I CAN!!


Ultimately it is the mind not the body that quits. It is truly amazing how much the body can take but the mind can’t; unless you push it! Be determined, remain strong, tell yourself you can do anything-- because what the mind believes the mind achieves.

Until next time,




Remember “In this world, there is no force equal to the strength of a determined women”~FitGirlsRock

No comments:

Post a Comment