Sunday, March 31, 2013

Excuses; Don't let them get in your way!

Excuses! We all use them or at least have used them in some form or other in our lives.

It is so easy to fall into this trap and use excuses when it comes to our health and fitness.
I hear it all the time from people. “I really want to get into shape but there is just not enough time; I’m just too tired. I don’t know how you do it” and so on.

There are endless excuses. Work, kids, house work, lack of knowledge, being uncomfortable, being too tired, other obligations, long hours, it’s too hard, too much pain, taking too long, etc. but these excuses will always be there. It isn’t until something snaps and your health and fitness suddenly become more important than your excuses that things change.


For me, I didn’t have what I would call an ‘aha’ moment; I mean there was no instance, in my life, that triggered the decision to finally change my lifestyle. It was just something I wanted and I woke up one day and decided this is it, today is the day. I finally had the desire to go for what I wanted and needed.

My excuses went out the window and I focused and concentrated all my energy into being healthy and fit and bam suddenly I loved it and there was no more need for excuses. I was excited to train, excited to push myself and go beyond my comfort level. I was researching clean eating, new recipes and happy about it all. Was it easy? No of course not; it was and is hard; but the hard is what makes it incredible. Lifting heavy things, seeing increases in endurance and strength are amazing accomplishments and leave me with such an amazing sense of success and achievement.

In recent weeks, I have been really struggling. Anyone who reads my blog and keeps up to speed with it knows the story; and it would be so easy for me to fall back on the old excuses. However, I will not give up! I am discouraged and having a rough time but I will not give up; because my WILL to succeed is far greater than any excuse.



I have put off competing again until we figure out what is going with my body but I refuse to give up. I have worked too hard and finally accomplished that which I have wanted my whole life, a healthy, lean, fit body.

Fitness is my passion; feeling strong and healthy motivates me to push harder.



Don’t give up on your dreams. Don’t give up on becoming the healthy, fit individual you desire to be. Give it all you’ve got and when things get tough; you must get tougher. Don’t let your excuses get in your way.

“You can have results or you can have excuses but you can’t have both”

Be patient. It’s a struggle but the reward is so worth it! Every little step is still a step toward the ultimate goal.

Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this. You reminded me of all the excuses I make. Thanks for the inspiration. I'm following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Crystal! Welcome!

      Excuses can easily get the best of us. It's not always easy but it is so worth it!
      All the best.- Melissa

      Delete