Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Scale Increase= Muscle Gain?

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

I guess it’s hump day for most of you, not me thoughL; I still have another 7 days of work to go from today but after that we’ll be sailing away, relaxing and pampering ourselves J

In recent weeks, I have noticed a slight increase in weight; nothing too much but still some none the less. I hadn’t mentioned it before because due to the women issues last week, I thought it could just be from that. However, that is not the case and it leaves me and my trainer a little stumped. That being said we have pinned the gain down to a few scenarios:

1)      Stress – there is a lot of it going on in my life right now; I have work issues and some personal issues as well. However none of this has caused me to stray from my clean eating lifestyle nor has it stopped me from training HARD.

2)      Muscle gain- my clothes do not fit any tighter and I still have my veins so I am still maintaining a lean appearance. Muscle weighs more than fat so it could just be that.

It’s confusing sometimes how the body works and I have been trying not to dwell on the increase because really the scale should not mean that much to me. I work hard…very hard and I eat clean so as long as my clothes are fitting well then I am not overly concerned at this point. I am still maintaining my size 0-2 frame so I am happy.

My husband and I had a fabulous workout last night. We did sled pulls superset with 10 burpee push-ups for 10 sets total. I completed 5 sets with 5x45lb plates (personal best) and then the other 5 sets with 4x45lb plates. By the end, I was exhausted and felt like puking….crazy but it felt so good. Even my husband enjoyed it and he hates burpees.
Check out my video.


Tonight a friend and I are going to be trying out Zumba for the first time. I have heard its great and so I am looking forward to trying something new. Exciting! I love trying out new fitness things.

So what about you? Are you constantly checking the scale or do you rely on other means to track progress? Have any of you tried Zumba; what did you think?

Enjoy your day!



No comments:

Post a Comment