Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sailing Away

Happy Wednesday and Hump day for most of you!! Happy last day of shift and start of vacation for me!!!! I am so excited!




We will be sailing away in only a couple of days and flying on Friday.


It has been one of the longest shifts..ugggg…and I have been so tired. The only time I feel energetic is when I am training and right after. Other than that I am dragging myself around and I am still not quite sure why. Stress, work or just tired??? Whatever it is, I am hoping this much needed and well-deserved vacation will help.


When I come back I will be 11 weeks out from the first fitness competition that I want to do this year. The NPAA Canada Classic on May 19, 2013 in Calgary, Alberta; in the fitness model category. Exciting…I just hope once again that my body cooperates and gets into tip top shape within the 11 weeks.



At least I am not as far away as I was when we started competition prep last time; meaning I am leaner now than I was then and they say that your body gets leaner each time as it learns what you are doing to it…lol

Work outs and eating plan have been on track and really good so far this week:


Sunday: 100 chin-ups superset with 100 burpee push-ups
Monday: Biceps, Triceps and cardio plus 300 bodyweight squats at home
Tuesday: Legs (personal best on the leg press with 10 x 45lb plates for 5 reps) and cardio
Tonight: Shoulders, abs and cardio
Thursday: Back and cardio
Friday: flying

I am planning to skip out of work today by 3 and head directly to the gym because I still have packing and organizing to do later. I have appointments for my hair and some pampering tomorrow. Every girl needs these things from time to time. However, I will get my workout in first thing in the morning and as I said before; the cruise ship has a fitness facility and running track so I should be able to stay on schedule workout wise while away.



I had a moment last night where I was on the verge of breakdown again with worry about my body not being ready for this show in May. My husband said “you are being too pessimistic, if you don’t believe you can then you won’t” and he is right…I can do this, I have done it before and I’ll do it again. Positive thinking is the key and if anyone should know that it’s me. I learnt a lot about that as I trained the last time.



Oh yes before I forget I have been using coconut oil in my morning protein shake and it tastes delicious. Yummy!

Recipe:
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 cup water or coconut milk
ice
Sprinkle of cinnamon
Blend together and
Enjoy!

My blog posts may be limited in the next week while I am away but I’ll be sure to make up for it when I get back.

Until next time,

1 comment:

  1. Wow great post very informative, all i can add is if you would like to read more on the subject, you should visit google and find relevent sources! hope it is helpful

    ReplyDelete