Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Keane Classic- A Testimonial

It is with great pride and gratitude that I can say that I took part in the first annual Keane Classic Fitness Competition held in Fort McMurray, Alberta on November 17, 2012. It was my first time competing but it will definitely not be my last.

                                      *Elissa, myself, Naomi and Olivia during my photo shoot
                                           with Tim Rollans at World Gym, Fort McMurray*

The show, the organizers, the other competitors as well as the community support and encouragement were all well above my expectations.

I decided when I first met my trainer, Andrew Bambury, back in October of 2011 that I wanted to compete. It was always my dream, so with Andrew’s help; I worked my butt off to get on that stage. I went through some very physically demanding training, an extremely restricted, natural diet and some emotional turmoil as well but I made it.


                                                     *First Posing Class at YMCA*

I didn’t place in my category but, for me, that doesn’t matter because I think I found my niche…lol and I had such a fun time. Life is all about improving and setting goals anyhow so for my next show the goal is to do better.

More to the point of this blog, the Keane Classic was one of the most exhilarating and amazing experiences of my life. I can say without any hesitation that I enjoyed everything about the show even the months of preparation. It was well organized; the Keane Classic girls (Naomi, Olivia and Elissa) were terrific. They went over and above with their support, encouragement and just overall attitudes.

                                      *The Keane Classic Team: Olivia, Elissa and Naomi*

I hope to see more community participation and involvement in the next one as it is a great event for the Fort McMurray fitness community. If you are thinking of competing it is taking place in October of 2013. My only advice is train hard, eat clean and always have fun with it.

Here are the links to the Keane Classic and Keane2befit facebook pages as well as the Keane2befit website:


A big thank you to the Keane Team for hosting and organizing the event, a shout out to the community for supporting the event and selling out both shows as well as a last big shout out to all the competitors for having the courage to rock the stage!

                                   *Athlete Meeting night before the show at Keyano Theatre*

Looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment