Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Power of Stretching

Yoga aimed to unite the mind, body and spirit!

I love stretching and I love yoga.


 








Stretching helps elongate muscles, improves flexibility, performance, posture and just feels really good.

How many people out there practice Yoga?


Me, I practice Yoga on my own time and although I have done classes, these days I just don’t have the time. So a couple of times a week, I will go into a quiet room in my house and practice some yoga poses at home. I enjoy this for the relaxation and stress relief as well as to reduce some of that muscle soreness that comes from lifting heavy at the gym. I probably don’t do it as often as I should, finding the time is difficult, but I do try and stay somewhat flexible and I enjoy it.


Typically, I shut off the world, put on some light or instrumental music, get in the zone and stretch. With each stretch I try to go a little further than the first time to increase my flexibility. My favorite though is practicing outside in the summer time or on the beach while on vacation; I just grab my mat and go.

                                       *cruise stop in Great Stirrup Quay-Bahamas in 2010*
                                                   My body has transformed since then!

I love trying new stretches or setting goals to learn new yoga poses. I set a goal about a year ago to learn how to complete this one and voila, I did it.


One thing that I am also interested in is 'Hot Yoga', I haven't tried it yet.

Has anyone? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment