Saturday, November 24, 2012

It's the weekend!

It's the weekend. How are you spending your Saturday and Sunday?

We are having such cold temperatures already…brrr…it’s going to be a long winter.

I am feeling motivated and inspired today, despite the weather.  I started a FitGirlsRock Facebook page and I already have over 40 followers. I am excited to share my passion, my various workouts, challenges and goals as well as some recipes with a broader group of people.



So last night, traffic and weather was pretty bad on my way home and since my training was to be shoulders, I decided to rock it out at home. My shoulders were burning by the end and I burned out my abs as well.



Shoulders and Abs- November 23, 2012:
Equipment 2 x 20lb dumbbells, 2 x 10lb dumbbells, bodyweight and chin up bar

·         Seated Overhead press superset with single arm lateral raise (3 sets of 12)
·         Upright row superset with bent over lateral raise (3 sets of 12)
·         Front Raise to Standing Overhead Press to Regular Lateral Raise (3 sets of 12)
·         1 minute Plank (up/downs-elbows to hands) superset with bent over rows (normal and reverse grip) (3 sets of 12)
·         Hanging Knees to chest superset with oblique twists and reverse crunches (3 sets of 15)




I am working a shorter day today, meaning I am skipping out early…lol and I’ll be headed to the gym. Today is a total body training day; I’ll hit all the major muscle groups (chest, back, shoulders, legs, triceps, biceps and abs). Kevin is busy with an important work project so he worked late last night and likely again today. If I get to the gym early enough, I may call a couple of girlfriends to go watch the tree lighting and Santa Claus parade tonight.

Tomorrow I took the day off and the plan really is only to cook, clean, maybe complete some cardio and some shopping. I have to fly to Calgary Monday morning for work, so I really need to get a pair of dress pants or a skirt, which is more businesslike, since I don’t have any of that type of clothing left that fits. We also have Kevin’s Christmas party tomorrow night. I don’t plan to over indulge food wise, however, and since I don’t drink much it will be easy to refrain from that as well. Alcohol has so much added calories and it’s so easy for them to add up quickly. Be Aware!

Natalie Jill has a great blog about Holiday Drinking. Here is the link:

I think that’s all for now. I’ll share one of my favorite healthy snacks with you.
Greek Yogurt - I usually have about 1/3cup per serving and I add about a dozen blueberries and 1tbsp of hemp seed as well. Hoping to try out some new recipes tomorrow and so I’ll share some of those next week.



Keep training, be happy and eat clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment