Monday, November 12, 2012

It's my birthday!

Today is my 34th birthday!

I am certainly hoping for a better day than yesterday, it's too early for me to tell yet because I'm writing this while still lying in bed. My mom and dad and little sister just called to wish me a " happy birthday" otherwise I would probably still be asleep. I'll try for some more zzzzz's again in a little while.

There won't be any indulgences for me today, I'm just too close to competition,  however I will pay up for it next week with a birthday supper and dessert. So I'm going to do my best today to be positive and focus more on what I can accomplish as opposed to what I can't have.

For now I want to reflect on where I am in my life at 34.

First and foremost, I am happy. Happy with life and myself. Happy in love as I have a great husband, a great family and great friends.

I am the fittest and healthiest that I have ever been. If someone had told me this time last year that I would be stepping on stage to do a fitness competition in a few days, I probably would have laughed and thought they were crazy. It was one of those things that you don't think could ever be you.

I am much more content with myself as a person and have come to know myself better through this process. " you have to make yourself happy before you can make others happy". I have figured out things about myself that I didn't know but am truly grateful for.

I have made some new friendships those of which I am also very grateful for.

Where I am currently in life makes me believe anything is possible if we just believe in ourselves. There is so much we can accomplish just by thinking in I cans vs I cant's.

So as I continue on my passion of leading my fit life, being active, motivating others, etc, it's important to remember nothing is impossible. It may take awhile to get there and it may take everything you got but believe in yourself and you can do it!

Overall, this has been a great year filled with love, happiness, personal growth, lessons learned and goals accomplished. I am happy, content and thankful for it all.

Remember anything is possible, Remember you can do it and always remember to believe in yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment