Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Getting back to Normal

Life is slowly going back to normal after 3 months of a serious diet and training regimen for the Keane Classic competition.

I cannot express how happy and excited I am to have had the opportunity to compete and how thrilled I am to get on the path to competing again.

I enjoyed getting my fill of the things that I had been craving for a couple of days and yesterday, after everything I had eaten on Saturday night and Sunday, I had a fast day and returned to the gym with my hubby. We worked legs and did a little cardio, both had loads of energy and lifted heavy. Felt good to get back after not working out for almost a week.



I feel somewhat rejuvenated, minus the 4:45am, now that I am back to work, and am ready for my appointment with Andrew tonight. Now is the time to get back into normal clean eating and a normal training regimen, which will likely consist of approximately 1-1.5 hours at the gym 5-6 days a week.

I have already looked into other competitions and right now I am aiming for one with the NPAA on May 19, 2013 in Calgary, Alberta. NPAA stands for ‘Natural Physique and Athletics Association’ and being that it’s tested, to ensure you really are all natural, I think it’s a great organization for the next show.

There won’t be any serious prep for this one though until probably March, right now the focus will be just working on building up my legs, abs and leaning out more. I talked to a couple of the judges yesterday for their feedback and I know where my areas of focus need to be. #1 I need to work on leaning out more #2 I need to work on building my lower body and abs and #3 I need to work on my quarter turn posing. I did get some great positive feedback on my stage presence; that it was one of the best. I looked positive, confident and happy to be there and I also got compliments on my walk and smile so I am happy about. I was worried about the stage part of it, about whether or not I would be able to portray what I needed to. I will find out more details tonight when Andrew and I get together for my appointment.

Back to regular clean eating today, again I will discuss with Andrew tonight where I need to be calorie wise as well as with my proteins, carbs and fats. For right now, I am just eating clean. I have had oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder for breakfast, a protein muffin snack and salmon with a salad for lunch.

Looking forward to seeing all of my photo shoot pictures and possibly doing others. I did get approached by a local photographer, on my way out of the venue after the competition, who asked if I would mind working as his fitness model so that he can increase his fitness portfolio. I will be contacting him after a little more rest and I am excited about that because I loved the photo shoots.



I do still have concerns in regards to maintaining what I have worked so hard for but I am sure that once Andrew and I discuss it and figure out a plan, it’ll be fine.

Goals going forward are, as I said above, leaning out especially in the legs and abs for the next competition, studying for my personal training certification, training in general and beating more personal bests as well as just living and enjoying what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment