Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall back

Fall back, Spring ahead. It's time to turn back those clocks!

It's 2am and I'm awake. Ugggg.....not funny! Not sure why, other than I'm possibly Hungry. I was told when I first started this that it's not unusual to wake up in the middle of the night just from being hungry. Fun times!

Well I managed to get myself back to sleep and slept until 8:30am. Weighed myself, and some of the post cheat day pounds are gone, but in order to be back to where I was on Friday morning, I have 2 more to go. I'm not concerned though. The scale fluctuates so much and it's such a pain in the a$$.

Today, my entire body hurts. I think I can feel every muscle. I didn't really expect anything different since I have done a couple of extreme workouts in the last two days. Oh well, no pain, no gain so they say!

I got most of my errands completed yesterday and I went back to the gym for another half an hour of cardio intervals to end the day. Practiced walking and posing again last night, did some yoga stretching and had a nice soothing bath.

Today, I have work to do around the house and I'll likely head out to the gym later for an hour cardio session. I've been thinking lately that once this competition prep is over, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with myself. I've been so busy that when it's all over I think I'll be lost. Luckily, only a month after the show, we will be heading home to Newfoundland for Christmas. My focus after hitting the stage on November 17, needs to be setting other goals to concentrate on, fitness wise.

13 more days, I know I keep saying it but it is truly unbelievable how fast the time has gone. I have learned so much through this process. I have learned a lot about myself, my body and fitness in general. Fitness is something I am truly passionate about; something that I love. I hope that in reading my blog posts, I have motivated others to get moving and get healthy as well.

I never dreamed in a million years that little ol' me, would ever be actually stepping on stage to compete in a fitness competition. It just goes to show that with a lot of hard work and dedication anyone can do it.

Don't be afraid to follow your dreams and don't let fear stop you from pursuing your goals.

At this point, I am not concerned about winning or even placing (although it would be amazing to do so), go big or go home..lol; ultimately though my goal is just to compete, bring my best physique to that stage and strut it like I already won, because in actuality, just by making it that far, I have won.

I will have proven to myself that I can do it, that all of my hard work, determination and dedication has paid off, and who knows, maybe just maybe, I'll compete again in the not to distant future.


No comments:

Post a Comment